If you're a regular reader of my blog then you will know that I have suffered with postnatal depression (PND) for a long time. I still haven't talked about it in full on my blog but I delve in and out of it. One thing I learnt from my cognitive behavioural therapy (cbt) is mindfulness.
I still don't practice mindfulness as much as I should but I am getting there. One thing I like to do is to read positive quotes. I also like to write them down on random pages of my notebooks or diaries which then always puts a smile on my face when I come across them.
I am a huge Disney fan. I was a Disney kid and i'm now a Disney adult. Disney is my happy place. There are so many inspirational quotes in all Disney films, books and from Mr Walt Disney himself.
Today i'm sharing some quotes from Winnie the Pooh and A.A Milne that help me with my PND and mindfulness. To be honest they are fab quotes for life in general but these ones really put a smile on my face when I am down. They are perfect for reflecting on love, attitude, self worth, patience, judgement, you name it there's a quote for every thought and feeling.
1) You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think
2) The things that make me different are the things that make me
3) Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
4) Always watch where you are going. Otherwise you may step on a piece of forest that was left out by mistake
5) Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them
6) Love is taking a few steps backward maybe even more, to give way to the happiness of the person you love
7) If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you
9) Piglet - How do you spell love?
Pooh - You don't spell it, you feel it.
10) Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday
11) Some people care too much, I think it's called love
12) You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes
13) If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart. I'll stay there forever
14) A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside
15) I think we dream so that we don't have to be apart for so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can be together all the time.
There you have it. I hope that made you smile. Which one is your favourite?