It's about time I shared my secret with you. As the title says I'm a self proclaimed superhero. My superhero name is 'mum the amazing'. Everyday I disguise myself as your average joe mum of 2 but I unleash my powers 24/7 without my children realising just how special I am.
Here are my powers:
1) Super Strength - I can manage to lift 2 children and a change bag at the same time whilst walking around. I can lift buggies with one hand whilst holding the baby in the other.
2) Super Hearing - I have the ability to hear any cry or wimper whether it be from my own children or someone else's. I can be awoken from a sleep at the faintest of sounds through my super, dog like hearing.
3) Super Speed - I have the ability to wash and get dressed faster than you've ever imagined. I also have the speed to run as fast as I can when my toddler runs away from me.
4) Super Sight - I actually have eyes in the back of my head. I can manage to see everything that's going on even when my children think I'm not looking.
5) Super Power - I can make any bad things go away. I get rid of lions, tigers, bears, monsters, witches. You name it, I can take it on.
6) Super Healing - I have the ability to make any baddies feel better with just one of my kisses.
7) Super Energy - I can survive on hardly any sleep. Sleeping is for losers. I can perform all tasks after having little or no sleep. I can appear energetic and enthusiastic too.
8) Super Stare - If anyone dares to give me a disapproving look when my toddler is having an almighty meltdown whilst we are out or when I am breastfeeding in public, I am able to unleash the most deadly of stares known to mankind. It'll send shivers down even the toughest cookies spines.
9) Super Body - I am able to split myself in 2. Seriously, I can manage to do more than 1 thing at a time. I can breastfeed my baby whilst entertaining my toddler. My body can manoeuvre itself into all sorts of positions to accommodate the needs of my children.
10) Super state of mind - Sometimes things are tough, even for us superheroes, however I have the ability to count to 10 and make it all go away. I have the ability to appear as cheery as Mary Poppins even when I want to physically attack someone. I have the patience of a saint and the calmness of a peaceful lake.
So there you have it. My secret is out. I'm not gonna lie, being this superhero is genuinely the toughest job in the world and that is why only special people can be one. There are times when my powers disappear and I breakdown but that's only when it is the end of the world as we know it!
I'm sure lots of you can relate to this and i've got a very strong feeling that I am not the only 'mum the amazing' out there. I reckon there's a huge clan of us, unleashing our powers everyday. I encourage you to show yourself, embrace your powers and realise just how special and amazing you are.
If you too are a superhero, i'd love to hear from you. Show me your pictures of you unleashing your powers. Send me your powers on twitter or write them in the comments below. Please use our secret hashtag #mumtheamazing
Can't wait to hear from you!! I know I am not alone xx