When I had Ophelia I was sent a congratulations box of Godiva chocolates. This made my day as chocolates are my weakness.
In our house we are chocolate enthusiasts. In fact hubby makes his own chocolate truffles and he's rather good at it, if I do say so myself. He experiments with different flavours and they are so tasty. Because of this we have become chocolate snobs if you could call us that. We have developed a great taste for good chocolate and are now quite picky with what we buy.
I was sent the Christmas Truffle Gift Box which is actually on sale at the moment. There were 12 truffles inside with 6 different flavours. It included the amere, caramel sale, speculoos, mousse de lait, praline amande and mousse vanille miel.
As soon as I opened the box, I was greeted with a sweet smell that had my mouth salivating. It took all my willpower not to scoff the lot in one go. Obviously I had to share with hubby.
His favourite was the amere. He adores dark chocolate and tends to only eat chocolate that is over 70%. This truffle was 72% chocolate so it was right up his street. It had a dark chocolate ganache covered in dark chocolate and topped with dark chocolate flakes. I have to say I don't normally like dark chocolate but I certainly enjoyed this one. It was soft and creamy. Even though it was a strong taste, I think the soft ganache made it tasty.
My favourite was the speculoos. It had a cinnamon biscuit mousse centre which was covered with milk chocolate and topped with a biscuit crunch. I loved the texture of the truffle. I really like the taste of cinnamon so I enjoyed the hint that was present in this truffle.
With Valentine's day around the corner, there are lots of different gifts on the Godiva website you can choose from. Even though people find it old fashioned, I still think there is something so classic and romantic about receiving a beautiful box of chocolates. I think chocolate has been too commercialised. Back in the day it was considered a luxury and that's why I adore seeing a beautiful box of chocolates.
I've chosen my top picks from their Valentine's Day section. Honestly their boxes are so pretty and look exquisite. There's something very special about them.
From top left to right and then bottom left to right:
1) Chocolate Gift Box 21 pcs - This is one of my favourites. The box is beautiful and it's full of seasonal favourites.
2) Day Fabric Heart Chocolate Gift Box - This is by far my favourite from the collection. It oozes valentine's day. It's simply stunning, so elegant.
3) Coeur Iconique Purple Limited Edition Set - These instantly jumped out to me due to their pretty packaging. I love the colour pop and contrast. I'm sure you could find use for these boxes after you've devoured the chocolates.
4) Valentine's Heart Shaped Gift Box 14 pcs - This is perfect for valentine's day. The pretty pink heart shaped box is ideal and whats inside is even better.
5) Heart Shaped Chocolate Carres Box of 6 pcs - I like this gift as again I think you could reuse the box but it's perfect as a token gift for the less adventurous chocolate lovers out there.
I hope your mouth is watering as much as mine is right now. Which of the Valentine's gifts I have chosen is your favourite?